APC, PDP Defy INEC, Vow To Continue Campaigns
Political parties participating in the 2019 general elections have said they will not obey the directive of the Independent National Electoral Commission that they should stop campaigns after the postponement of the presidential and National Assembly elections on Saturday morning.
INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, had on Saturday while giving reasons for the postponement of the elections, said campaigns had ended on Thursday.
But the All Progressives Congress, the Peoples Democratic Party and the Coalition of United Political Parties, on Sunday said they would never obey the order, saying that they would continue their campaigns.
A report by the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation, monitored in Kano, on Sunday, quoted the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole and a Director in the Atiku Campaign Organisation, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso as saying the electoral laws allowed for campaigns to go on until 24 hours before polls.
Read Also ???:
- APC Shuts Down Official Website, Reportedly Hacked With Unauthorised Content Posted On Its Pages
- Lady gives birth at PDP’s political rally in Delta
- World Largest Broom Erected By APC At The City Gate, Abuja, Nigerians React, Says It Is A ‘ Broom That Brings Doom’
- Woman Who Gave Birth On PDP Campaign Ground Gets N2million
- Saraki won’t return to the Senate – APC vows
Has Something to Say about APC, PDP Defy INEC, Vow To Continue Campaigns? Drop your comments below