Credited as one Nigerian hitmaker whose songs are usually influenced by the culture and sound of his people, Duncan Mighty is a Nigerian singer/record producer/musician who has won many hearts with his sensational songs.
He has five successful studio albums and a slew of high-profile collaborations with popular artists such as Jamaican DJ/singer Shaggy, Mr. Raw Nwanne, Sandaz Black, Timaya, Young Stunna, Erigga and many more.
Duncan Mighty’s Biography
The popular Nigerian musician was welcomed into the world on October 28, 1983, in Port Harcourt, a South-South city in Nigeria. He was named Duncan Wene Mighty Okechukwu at birth by his parents but the singer decided to take up Duncan Mighty as his stage name.
Okechukwu has no siblings, as he is the only child of his parents. Further details about his childhood, early life, and parents are currently unavailable on the internet but we gathered that he lost his father in 2007 and that his hometown is Obio-Akpor.
Like most musicians, Duncan Mighty started out as a church drummer and choir director. After developing a strong interest in music in his youth, the singer decided to take it up professionally by studying Audio engineering at the university.
Upon his graduation, he was mobilized for National Youth Service, during which he worked as a sound trainer. Duncan Mighty also worked in a Lagos-based music studio called Dolphin Studios. He worked at the studio while he was on IT at Muson Centre, a popular performance hall in Lagos.
Shortly after his stint at the Lagos music firm, Duncan began to work on his singing and recording talents and later combined both skills after a short period of intense hard work and commitment.
Wene Mighty eventually relocated to Porth Harcourt in the year 2006 and was hired to work as a staff at 360 Records and later at D Large Records. He would cross paths with Chris Aire (a popular Nigerian jeweler), and together, the pair formed a recording label called AireMighty Records.
Duncan Mighty took the world by surprise in the year 2008 when he released his debut studio album titled: Koliwater, which came with twenty-one hit songs, including Ako na Uche, Dance For Me, Ijeoma, and Scatter My Dada.
Following an impressive and successful outcome, the singer moved on to release his second album in the second quarter of 2010. Ahamefuna (meaning Legacy) was released with no featured artists or guest appearances, as Duncan Mighty produced the entire album himself.
Not long after, the musician dropped a lead single titled I Don’t Give A Shot, which was followed by another studio album titled: Footprints in September 2012. The latter featured notable Nigerian rappers such as Otuu Sax, Lagos-born singer Wande Coal, Plantain Boy crooner Timaya, and Sandaz Black.
Wene Mighty’s fourth studio album titled: Grace & Talent, was released in 2014 through his own record label called Young Wealth Records and boasts of contributions from notable stars like Tick Lips, Phyno, J Flex, Young Stunna and more. The record producer dropped his last album in 2016 and it was titled: The Certificate.
Other Facts You Need To Know About Him
1. Duncan Mighty received three nominations in 2011 at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards for his works – Afamefuna and I Don’t Give A Shot. He eventually won Indigenous Artist of the Year at the award ceremony.
2. The Port Harcourt-born singer was honored for his contribution to the music industry at the 4th annual Odudu Music Awards. Other artists who were also honored at the events are Sodi Cookey, M-Trill, Becky Enyioma, and Timaya.
3. Wene Mighty is a father of two lovely children, following his marriage to his sweetheart, Vivien on 25 July 2015. The couple’s wedding ceremony was attended by invited guests only and also had in attendance music elites such as gospel singer Sammie Okposo.
4. The singer is a United Nations (UN) Peace Ambassador.
5. Duncan Mighty is also called “Port Harcourt First Son”.
6. His local name, Wene, means brotherhood while Wene Mighty means togetherness, according to the singer.
7. In 2012, he was nominated for African Artist of the Year at Ghana Music Awards.
8. His record label, Young Wealth Records, was founded in 2014.
To be Updated, Simply Join Our Telegram Channel Now you will love it.