Oshiomhole mocks Saraki, says Kwarans have buried his political career
Adams Oshiomole, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, is elated over the defeat of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, in the Kwara Central Senatorial District which held last Saturday February 23rd. Saraki lost his seat to APC’s Ibrahim Oloriegbe.
Speaking to state house correspondents yesterday February 27th, Oshiomole who has been at loggerheads with Saraki over the controversial way he emerged senate president, said Saraki’s defeat is a welcomed development, adding that residents of Kwara state have buried Saraki and his political career.
“As much as we want to be magnanimous in victory, there are a couple of things that have happened that show that the Nigerian people know how to reward those who are extremely arrogant. People who came to the Senate with less than 100,000 votes, and began to hold the country to ransom; their own people have recalled them home.
“While we were saying that we would impeach them, their people said they would rather bury them. Politically, now, they are out. It shows the power of democracy; it is a leveller; you cannot be bigger than the people.” he said
Read Also ???:
- #NigeriaDecides2019: Saraki speaks after loss to APC candidate
- Saraki won’t return to the Senate – APC vows
- ‘Bukola Thief, Saraki Thief’ — Oshiomhole Leads Anti-Saraki Song At APC Rally
- ‘The world should hold the IGP responsible if anything happens to members of my family and myself’ – Bukola Saraki
- Reno Omokri berates Gbemi Saraki for mocking her brother, Bukola, who just lost his seat in the senate
Has Something to Say about Oshiomhole mocks Saraki, says Kwarans have buried his political career? Drop your comments below