President Buhari mourns the death of two Nigerians in the Ethiopian airline tragedy
President Buhari has condoled the death of two Nigerians, Ambassador Abiodun Bashua and Professor Pius Adesanmi in the Ethiopian Airlines plane which crashed with 149 passengers and eight crew members on board on Sunday.
President Buhari says “my thoughts are with the families and friends of these distinguished Nigerians and the other passengers and crew who lost their lives in the plane crash in Addis Ababa. May the Almighty Allah give them strength and fortitude to bear the loss.”
The president on behalf of the government and the people of Nigeria extended his sincere condolences to Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed of Ethiopia, the people of Ethiopia, Kenya, Canada, China and all other nations who lost citizens in the air disaster.
Reacting to the accident on Sunday, President Buhari said:
“Such large scale loss of human lives in a single incident is shocking beyond words. I am profoundly touched by this devastating report of air accident involving one of the world’s most successful and efficient Airlines. Given its remarkable safety record. This couldn’t have come at a worse time for Ethiopian Airlines.”
According to President Buhari, “like every other African leader, I am proud of the fact that Ethiopian Airlines represents one of Africa’s success stories.” The President hopes that the tragic accident will not have a negative effect on Ethiopian Airlines’ passion for excellence.
Read Also ???:
- How Professor Pius Adesanmi Predicted His Death Before The Ethiopian Airline Crash
- President Buhari thanks Nigerians for re-electing him
- 2019 Election: ‘I am not afraid to lose’ – President Buhari Declares
- Prof. Pius Adesanmi’s Widow Breaks Silence, Talks About The Indescribable Pain In Her Heart
- ‘I am very grateful to the over 15 million citizens who voted for me’ – President Buhari says as he receives his certificate of return from INEC
Has Something to Say about President Buhari mourns the death of two Nigerians in the Ethiopian airline tragedy? Drop your comments below