Terry G is a Nigerian popular music artiste and producer who has received critical acclaim for his unique brand and style of music. The singer has released a number of well-received albums and is described as the craziest Nigerian musician. His songs include Run Mad, Love affair, Sexy Lady, So High, etc.
From a concise account of his biography, music career, and the facts thereof to details of his family life and wealth, here are the things to know about the Akpako Master.
Terry G Biography
Gabriel Oche Amanyi, professionally known as Terry G, was born on March 17, 1986, in Benue State, Nigeria. Born into a Christian home as the first child among four children of his parents, Terry G grew up in Lagos were he attended Starfield Educational Centre but could not further his education due to financial problems.
He joined his local church choir at the encouragement of his mother who is also a chorister at Redeemed Christian Church of God. It was there that Terry G developed an interest in music, as well as learned the basics of music production.
Terry G started his music career in 2006 and so far, has released 4 albums: Free Me; Ginjah ur Swaggah Season 1; Terry Gzuz; and Book of Ginger. His fame grew in the late 2000s after he released the song Pass Me Your Love.
Songs from his albums were well received by Nigerians majorly due to its crazy dance and party rhythm. So far, Terry G has released up to 32 songs including Phokus (2009), Lift Kit (2011), See Ya Face (2012), Brukutu (2014), Ferrari (2015), Oba Ogo (2016), and Troway (2017).
Meanwhile, he started off as a gospel singer but for lack of financial security, Terry G decided to divert to pop music. The Ginjah master is currently signed to Black Wall Street and is the CEO of TCP Entertainment record label.
Besides music, the Akpako master is also an entrepreneur who owns a pure water factory. He declared his interest in politics in 2017 when he campaigned for governorship at his home state, Benue.
While his song lyrics make him out as someone who court controversies, Terry G claims it doesn’t reflect his real personality. However, he admits to being a victim of controversial issues. Speaking in an interview with Sunday Scoop, the artiste said everything he’s done in the past that made him controversial wasn’t intentional.
Referring to the reports of his fighting and smoking in public, Terry G said he was young and did some regretful things in the past. Nonetheless, he hopes that Nigerians and his fans across the globe would someday understand that most of the crazy things he does are just for the art.
Net Worth – How Rich Is He?
Terry G’s net worth is estimated at $3.8 million, making him one of the Nigerian artistes living the dream. While this is yet to be confirmed by the musician, his luxury lifestyle speaks volume of his wealth. For all we know, he lives in one of the most expensive buildings in Lekki, Lagos and is a proud owner of a Ferrari that cost about N40 million – the house and car were purchased following a 3 years deal with Black Wall Street.
His Family Life
Besides being in a serious relationship and a proud father to his son, Terry G seems to be very close to his mother. He shared a photo of his mother on her birthday in early 2018. The picture came with praises for the woman. He even urged fans to join him at his mother’s school for the birthday celebration.
Other Facts To Know About Terry G
1. Terry G once admitted to using hard drugs and alcohol via his songs, but later said he stopped, in an interview on September 2014.
2. He is widely known for his eccentric dress-sense, controversial lyrics, and weird identity.
3. His genres include hip-hop and dancehall.
4. The Run Mad crooner earned the nicknames Akpako Master, Ginjah Master, and Hitman.
5. According to Terry G, The African Queen crooner, 2Face Idibia is his greatest music mentor.
6. It is also worth mentioning that the Akpako master, share the same birth date as his mother.
7. Terry G was one of the celebrities in Nigeria who contested for a leadership position. He took to his Instagram page to announce his intention to become the governor of Benue State but failed to mention which party he belonged to.
8. He was involved in an accident with his black Range Rover in 2016, on his way back from a nightclub.
9. Terry G once disclosed that it was the prophecy of Pastor Enoch Adeboye at Redeem Camp in 1996 that changed his life for good. According to him, the renowned pastor simply laid his hands on him and prophesied, thus his life changed totally.
To be Updated, Simply Join Our Telegram Channel Now you will love it.